Wanton Cove art?

Need help finding a picture? Need help with Poser/Daz? Hopefully someone can help you in here.
Ehlanna
Naughty Nurse

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 2

Can be Transformed: Yes

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Gynoid

Re: Wanton Cove art?

Post by Ehlanna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Well, here's something I threw together a bit earlier whilst awaiting a response ... no idea if it's anything like what you want, just 'riffed' on the tentacle, boat, compass mentioned ... it's portrait, A4 ratio:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GateKeeper
Silent Statue

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 6

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Steampunk Girl

Post by GateKeeper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Not bad. I love the compass.

From experience, I know that the colors are a little dark, and a little inconsistent to make it easy to read over. (We tried some stuff in similar shades during testing for the last build of the game.

I think the tentacles should stay within about 1/3 of an inch of the edge of the screen since they have a bit of substance to them, otherwise they start getting behind the text.

For the tentacles, I've been thinking of going with classic lovecraftian fare, something like this (Either in colors similar to the background itself, or in pastels, soft pinks/purples.):

If it helps any, this is one background I tried throwing in place for a test:

The colors were too inconsistent to be easily readable. The larger/lighter colored ship is the kind of image I have in mind for the background, only on a size scale no bigger than the smaller/darker colored ship in the lower right hand corner.

Ehlanna
Naughty Nurse

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 2

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Gynoid

Post by Ehlanna » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:09 am

Might be easier to 'chuck out' a few .pngs and allow you to assemble them. That way you can use a parchment background that you are happy with. I'll see if I can re-jig the tentacle to better conform to the edge of the image.

GateKeeper
Silent Statue

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Steampunk Girl

Post by GateKeeper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 am

Ehlanna wrote:Might be easier to 'chuck out' a few .pngs and allow you to assemble them. That way you can use a parchment background that you are happy with. I'll see if I can re-jig the tentacle to better conform to the edge of the image.
I should have at least a little time on my hands this weekend, so I'll see about putting together something that I can post that will give a better idea of what I'm hoping to accomplish as well. ;) (Seriously, I should have done a significantly better job of articulating my idea when I started fishing for potential help. :?

Dracis3D
Space Warrior

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 1

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Heavenly Angel

Post by Dracis3D » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:21 pm

wc.jpg
My simple take on these things is you assemble a collection of images, for example this is some parchment, a compass, a lighthouse and my bad drawing skills. I can really only use photo manip software to merge layers (stick a 3D render on a photo). To get a tentacle effect I would render some tentacles and add the finished picture as a background. This would create some nice shadows.

If you are lucky someone might draw the coastline for you, you can then belend on parchment, add the compass, add the text in a suitable font and then the tentacles. Job done.

Your story text then goes on top with a semi transparent box so the text can be read.

That is my take on what you said anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://dracis3d.net/ - Home to my stuff.....

GateKeeper
Silent Statue

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Steampunk Girl

Re: Wanton Cove Cover Page & Banner

Post by GateKeeper » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:38 am

Performing a bit of thread necromancy here.

Rather than starting a new thread for similar things, I opted to resurrect this thread instead.

I effectively abandoned this thread when it became apparent to me that the background (after several tests) was not turning out the way I had originally hoped.

I'm bringing the thread back for something just a little different, or rather a couple of things. As I have recently started a patreon (Still waiting for the first payday to "process") I should soon have a little money I can invest into advertisement for this, and other projects. I am willing to talk about the possibility of commissioning some art work for my projects as well as putting the artists name in the credits of the game, plug their personal websites, etc, if you so desire. My current budget is small, and it will need to cover the cost of advertising as well as any commissioned work.

First: I am looking for a banner for the game, something I can post as an advertisement. It would need to conform to the rules of this site.
Site rules can be found here: http://www.tfgamessite.com/phpbb3/viewt ... dvertising
-I am willing to give artists a great deal of leeway in what they create though I will ask for a couple of things.
-The banner must conform to the rules of this site, as well as be appropriate to the setting of this game. Preference would be a banner with a heavy Noir theme as well as contain elements associated with the setting itself.
-If more than one person presents a banner(s) for the game, I'll put it up to a vote in a poll for which one we use.
-Text should be appropriate to the 1930's-1940's. So do your home work. ;)

Second: I am looking for a cover page for the game. Something that can fill the top half of the first page of the game.
-I am willing to give artists a great deal of leeway in what they create though I will ask for a couple of things.
-Needs to fit comfortably on the first page of the game.
-Like the banner, should have a heavy Noir influence as well as fit the setting of the game.
-Nudity is acceptable for the cover page, though it should be limited and not be the focus of the page.
-If more than one person presents a cover page(s) for the game, I'll put it up to a vote in a poll for which one we use.
-Text should be appropriate to the 1930's-1940's. So do your home work. ;)

If you are willing to do art for free, awesome. I'll gladly post your name in the game's credits, plug your personal website, or anything else I can do to get you a little attention. ;) If you're looking for a commission, please let me know what your price range is as well as any other relevant information. We can talk details in private.

Blauz.
Goth Chick

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 19

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Bimbo in Training

Post by Blauz. » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:45 am

combo.jpg
Something like this?

GateKeeper
Silent Statue

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Steampunk Girl

Post by GateKeeper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 am

Actually hoping for something that is more of a setting piece. Something that sets the mood for the game, and I'm not sure that a modified version of the Vitruvian man does that.

No other takers? I guess I might need to hunt down someone I can commission some work from.