You can now follow the developpment of the game here : http://toweroftheboundfox.com/
Hello everybody, Big update this time !
I've added the village for the patreon version ! This first version is a very rough draft of what I want to do but it contains the first three NPCs of the game. Two merchants, for buying and selling stuff, and one inn for restoring energy/mana and lives.
Next versions will add NPCs restoring/changing the character's appearence, improving the goods selled by the shops, improving the player's weapons, …
Adding the village was essential before continuing the tower.
PUBLIC VERSION 0.2
- Added : First version of the village
- Added : 3 NPCs inside the village : One equipements shop, one items shop, one inn
- Added : One new scroll: for teleporting back to the village
- Added : You can go to the village if you go down from the starting map. Later you will start directly inside the village, but I need the change the introduction.
- Added : You return to the village after fighting the first boss. That also mean it's not possible anymore to go highter than the 10st floor (but that was useless since there are no new content after the boss)
- Added : You can see how much gold you have in the inventory screen
- Changed : I've made the game sightly harder, since it's now possible to restore lives in the village
- Changed : I've changed all the musics since I've discovered recently the author doesn't want his music used in « obscene materials ». Honestly I think it's for the better, now all the musics are from the same soundtrack, and it's much more homegenous. I think the new dungeon music fits more to the new dungeon's atmosphere too.
PATREON VERSION 0.2.1
- Added : New enemy : Goblin spear bearer. She starts appearing at the 11th floor. This is a more classic enemy (no TF/TG special attack), she still has her own special attack though. She is probably too strong, but this will be balanced later, when new enemies will be added.
- Added: Fading + Sound when sleeping at the INN
- Added/Changed: Character description screen improved by Perri (proofreading, some sentences improved, and breasts description expended)
- Added/Changed: You can now go up to the 15th floor. After beating the first boss, you can start from the 11th floor.
- Changed: New font for the events screen and NPC screens. Unfortunately because of a weird bug in the framework I'm using, the text is not perfectly drawn on the screen (some characters are cut or aliased). I've spent 5-6 hours trying to fix this, without success. In the next update, I will change my method, and will create one font bitmap per screen resolution.
- Changed: It's now automatically calculated when the event text should be refreshed, so the text should never appear outside the event box now
- Fixed: Small pause between music loops
- Fixed: Escaping the configuration menu with the escape key now correctly save the changes
- Fixed: For some resolution, the NPC text was blurred every other line
If the game doesn't launch try to download the XNA Framework 4.0 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=20914
If the game still doesn't start try to download the latest .NET version. Please let me know on the forum thread if you still have problem : https://www.tfgamessite.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10056
Hello everybody ! I've been working on a game lately, and I'm happy to share it now that I have a demo.
It's a little different from what we usually see here, but I hope you will like it !
It's still in its very beginnings, but I think there are enough content to share what's done.
Tower of the bound fox is a rogue-like game with multiple inspirations like Corruption of Champion or Trap quest. It's also inspired by Azure Dream, an old PS1 game I love.
For the most important/long scenes I have commissioned writers since my english is not so good, but for the small scenes (mainly the traps), I've written them myself, so do not hesitate to tell me if some sentences are weird or incorrect.
You can find a quick guide here : http://toweroftheboundfox.com/quick_guide.pdf
What's in the game :
Fetishes : M/M (if you play as male), M/F (if you play as female), Monsters, TF, TG (male->female), Bondage, Pregnancy (only in game over)
What's planned :
Known bugs :
I gotta say, its extremely rare that I find a game on here I play for more than... yknow...
But this one is an actual contender to become a really fun game while also being a fetish'y rpg.
Ill see what I can do to get on your paypal friend, this game is really promising
Somewhere between the last version I played and this version the difficulty has spiked significantly, to the point where I can't even get out of the first floor, mainly because EVERY enemy has some sort of semi-permanent bondage attack that prevents me from using items or potions, and "Scrolls of release" are few and far between.
What was once a fun and promising roguelike has become a cheap and frustrating slog. Please adjust the RNG so that it's a little more fair and so that your stats (like perception) actually do something.
I can't recommend it in its current state -- good design, staggeringly unfair gameplay.
First thing's first, as a game TotBF is coming along fantastically. It's an enjoyable experience with a solid UI after the most recent (public) update. I especially like the new skill tree; much more indepth and interesting than the old 'pick this skill from 3 lines' thing.
That being said, I think there is an inherent issue with the game as it stands currently. Namely, the explicit bits are almost all game-ending. You can't both play the game successfully AND see the actual porn at the same time. The three lives is somewhat able to alleviate this, but it still gets to a point where you need to choose between winning and porn. Trap Quest, which has many similarities to TotBF, was able to beautifully merge the two together; TotBF however does not have nearly the same style and would not lend itself well toward the whole 'slut your way through the dungeon' route, IMO. There's likely a solution to this, but I'm not quite sure what it is at the moment.
I personally would like to see more customization in the enable/disable fetish menu, which seems like an obvious step as more content is added. Also there seems to be a bug where if there is an enemy in the room when you first load into a new floor they don't show up until after you've moved once. Caused me to take quite a few free hits. One time I even accidentally walked into a mimic because it was invisible.
Great game. Though the things you should focus the most are more enemies and, not to be rude, better grammar. I saw ONE letter so far that was incorrect. Kudos.
It is a simple, yet enjoyable little time killer.
It is a lot better balanced comparing to 0.1.0. I got a somewhat constant restock of energy potions and I no longer ran out of everything on the first floor. Last time I ended at 3rd floor and this time I met my first end at 7th.
I suggest adding a status screen telling what sort of restriction the character is under. Say your character is blindfolded, gagged, cuffed, leg cuffed, latex masked, latex clawed, legs fused, lengthen hair, etc. The avatar is too small to see any change.
The traps are interesting and I purposefully step on every single one to see what happened. I like the writing, too. It looks like it can turn into another BMB, Arena or Trap Quest, with GUI. I know, the graphic in this game is far from a billion dollar investment, but if you can stand the text based Trap Quest, this one can only be better.