Welcome to Strapford aims to be a resource management game where your main resources are time and money, and you must balance those well while at the same time managing the various perversions included in the game. The game intends to have challenges whether you are actively trying to corrupt yourself or actively trying to avoid the corruption.
A list of possible sexual partners is also planned and is mostly geared towards female dominant partners but will also include some shemale and male options.
The list of corruptions planned to be included in the game are:
Most of the groundwork is currently added into the game, but many of the stats are not tweaked or impacting the game mechanics at this time.
Still in alpha stage of development seeing as the core is present but almost none of the events have been added, but hoping to get more content out regularly.
Introduction gets you to your first job as an office clerk.
Inspired by the following great games:
Perverted Education by bobbob9999 and AprilRyan (AMAZING game that has greatly inspired this one)
Cohabitation by sissykisses
A New Dawn by whiteraven
Accidental Woman by ThaumX
I regrettably didn't come up with the city name of Strapford, that goes to the great artist kaokatt
Virgin with few friends and fewer family members, and just out of school but with a large debt weighing heavily on your options, a chance inheritance drives you to head to an extremely secluded, secretive area where the population is predominantly female. You have fallen into the trap. Can you manage to work and seduce your way into becoming a wealthy Master to a harem of women? Or will you lose the millions in inheritance while struggling to keep your manhood and avoid becoming the next bimbo slave girl?
You, as the main character
Kayden Kross, as your Estate's Custodian
Angela White, as romantic rival
Bailey Jay, fellow contender
Kimber James, fellow contender
Jayden James, office co-worker
Lexi Belle, as your nurse
Love Larkin, as your therapist
Pia Miller, as the cop
Samantha Saint, as a CoWorker
Jessica Barth, as the Grocer
Sunny Leone, as the Sales Clerk
And many more
Intends to be semi-linear series of events along with some non-linear options and corruption choices.
Try to get the job. (Warning, currently game does not show why you may get refused but one of the reasons is because your clothes may be too dirty)
Watch the news on TV for anything amiss
Try to gain money
Try to get the Grocer to go on a date with you
Planned Changes for 0.1.9
- More storyline
- Discussion engine re-work, to ease further dialogs
- More social perception functionality and their impact
- Compatible save.
- Added a tiny bit of storyline progression at the office past day 12
- Added in speach color for the main character, based on voice timbre
- Started the social perception function, but was much more difficult than expected. Slowed down production of this part as multiple changes needed to be made as well as some re-design, so function is now I believe heading in the right path but taking much longer than planned. Will likely be completed only by the end of the month.
- Compatible save. No new game content this patch either, just some minor playing around with stylesheets, trying to figure out how to add color to MC text
- Added ~160 pictures for added character description
- Modified the view to character Physical Stats
- Fixed formula to properly calculate body coverage
- Allow preview of Clothing Ensembles
- Slightly nicer presentation of certain items
- Added in nails fading after a time
- Added in use of certain pharmacy items
- Fixed issue with Office Interview for male clothing not being picked up
- Fixed rounding issue of walking time
- Fixed Social Relation Level with Grocer such that she can actually accept date again
- Added an extra event at the office past day 12
- No new content this patch either, mostly just bug fixes, game functions and UI improvements
- Added in so that clothing not made for sleep will make your sleep less effective. Check out the Sleep Hindrance value and aim for as low as possible to sleep, also, some shoes and clothing may make your walks shorter or longer
- Minor changes to Laundry room
- Minor fix to dirtyness formula
- Added "Game Over" placeholder if your willpower drops below zero. Willpower is essentially your life meter. You will lose some if you go too hungry, too tired or you simply have to overpower excessively high humiliation
- Slightly modified Kitchen and Shopping Mall Foodstore to limit a bit of the scrolling
- Broke down clothing in Changing room by category, to improve slection when you have plenty of options to choose from
- Re-fixed bank loan issue, mostly when changing starting loan
- Added bathroom makeup
- Added Beauty Shop products
- Set in calculated stats (untweaked)
- Fixed bank loan issue
- Set the discussion engine to both Entered Text Or Links
- No additional story yet
- Added in Keys for all lockable items (so that you aren't stuck as soon as you put them on, it assumes you purchase the key with the item)
- Fixed link with lunchbox, so as not to send you to the kitchen
- Modified discussion engine so as to be more "open" questions. This will later allow managing "learning" new topics of discussions more easily, and allow secret questions to be asked to various actor characters met during the game.
- Some VERY minor additions to discussions at Office, Therapist, Grocer
- Can now go see movies
- Dropped starting money to "enforce" loaning additional money at the start
- First attempt at managing Energy, if you eat too much, you will get fat. If you do not eat enough, you will get thin. Annoying messages will indicate every action that you need to eat or lose weight.
- First attempt at managing hair length. Your hair will grow over time. Stylist haircut now also implemented.
Fix of Saves, saving should now function properly
Most of the bathroom actions have now been added,
Regrettably, this is only a quick fix mostly for the critical save issue, so no new content this version
- Fixed a bug where you would be refused entry to work even though you are following the new laws
- Made some minor changes to existing texts
- Added timed estate washroom event
- Added in saved ensembles to speed up changing clothes
- Added social stats menu
- Added dating sequence with grocer
- Uncluttered the menu
- Added in the first discussion event in the game, it can be found at the Grocery store
What we have here is an excellent skeleton of a game.
The Bad: The mechanics are little annoying currently because it's one of those games where your actions take a certain amount of time and you have appointments that need to be upheld. This generally results in game where you find yourself doing some inane task to pass time. The developer needs to address this with ways to automatically skip to the next appointment/day/whatever so the game doesn't become an immersion breaking click-fest. Storywise, there are currently some glaring plot holes but I chalk this up to early development placeholder passages.. And...more of a personal thing that anything else but it seems the author really likes absurdly giant boobs, which normally causes me to laugh and stop playing. Hopefully the dev has enough foresight to know that those that don't like that fetish are extremely put off by that kind of content and then makes this content purely optional.
The Good: The developer seems to have a rather fleshed out story planned when digging through the game files, which in terms of a persons mental development during these kinds of events seem somewhat realistic. The current plot seems good at this point. The characters do seem to have a certain amount of depth to them, hinting at a certain twisted depth, but I do get the impression that the author took some time to think about who each character is. The writing is decent, not fantastic but entertaining. The images and actors chosen are great.
I would definitely recommend trying this game, perhaps not right away because there isn't much of a game as of yet. If the dev manages to stay motivated for a long period of time, this could be one of the greatest games on the site.
I have to agree with the other reviewers who have praised the game's mechanics but criticized the lack of story line. At this point, many aspects of the game can only be accessed by artificially tweaking your character's mental attributes prior to beginning game play. There is some small amount of movement on two of the mental stats and I can imagine that there will be other pressure as you go along. However, in the absence of a coherent long-term story line or some noticeable progress to advance the various mental attributes, it's not much of a game so far.
Honestly? Probably one of the nicest presented games, in terms of clothing and visual management.
As of now, lacking in story content, as far as I can tell, but it's completely understandable for a very early version of a game. Very promising mechanics so far, I look forward to the completion.
Love the start for the game, it's a good set up and Im definitely keeping my eye on this.
Definitely strongly dislike the text-input for actions though. Unless you hook the system up to some kind of synonyms/similarity engine to look for imperfect matches, this feature will be nothing but frustrating. I would strongly recommend against it though, simply providing the chat options still seems preferable.
In terms of content, as far as I see it's mostly boilerplate ( items, accessories, locations, etc ), more or less in line with a first version
The story seems ok, and I didn't notice particularry strange spelling errors, except that transvesticism as far as i know should be spelled transvestitism.
The interface is a bit clunky in some places, particularry:
You have inconsistency between urls/pictures, in some places you have urls to click to proceed, in others it's pictures, ( eg wardrobe vs shopping ) making it slightly confusing
Shopping for large amount of items ( which happends with food ) is a chore, you end up clicking on a item, the page refreshes and you have to scroll down back again to the item, aim the mouse, click, repeat. Either format the list so it fits a single page or add buttons for bulk buy for eg stacks of 3,5,10 next to each item
All the placeholder text should be hidden for users since it feels like content spoiler, a placeholder is ok, but a detailed list of what will happen feels slightly spoiler-ish, perhaps hide the extended TODO under a variable you can toggle yourself to view it full which would be unset for users ( eg, event list during transportation )
You also have a logic error in checking for the business attire past day 10, i took a peek at the code and you have '<<if $clothingValues.business < 5 && $clothingValues.masculine == 0>>' but that's wrong, you should check for clothingValues.masculine > 0, otherwise having 0 masculine value would deny entry instead of accepting it
I know the game is only a early version, but the flow does leave you a bit lost at times: the game hints at start to buy phone and dress, which is good, but aftwards you're left wandering a bit aimlessy without clear 'next step', while this would be ok when there's gonna be a lot of content there in the future ( locations to explore, events to trigger, etc ), currently it's rather frustrating because one wouldn't know that eg you have to wait until monday morning to get a phone call for job interview and wait 4th day of repetitive grinding/waiting for the first 'event', perhaps telegraph a bit the next actions even just temporarily until more content is in so that the player knows how much it has to wait ( eg after one bought the phone you can add a tought bubble hinting about waiting for phone calls, or for the 4th day event you could spot some fliers or overhear people talking about a big announcement that day eversince the first day )
Overall it's not too bad for a 1st version