Newlife is a lifesim game where the player is transformed into a woman in an improbable mad-science accident
As of November 2014 Newlife is fully playable but still needs extensive content to be added. Nevertheless you can play it from start to finish, go clubbing and meet men, be taken out on dates, shop for and wear clothes, use your feminine wiles to seek promotions at work, have lots of sex, get carried away by your desires and accidentally (or deliberately) become pregnant.
For changelogs and more information on development, check out the blog at http://splendidostrich.blogspot.co.uk/
The player: The game implies that the main character is the player themselves, a few years in the future. Of course you can create a character quite different from yourself if you want! In fact, female players have no choice but to do this, considering the game requires you to start as male.
Ivy: Your only real friend. A clever and talented young woman. Who knows what surprises her brilliance have in store for you? Well, if you read the game synopsis then you know, for one.
Horse: Not actually a horse. But how did he get such a nickname? Perhaps you should make it your quest to find out.
The men: Men in Newlife are algorithmically-generated so you won't see the same ones in any two games, with the exception of certain 'special' npcs. Even special npcs only have fixed stats when this is necessary, and anything that isn't fixed will be generated using the normal method.
Has potential to become one of those ultimate life simulator games. Still a lot of content to put in but the framework is there.
My hope it manages to cover a lot of aspects of life, work and relationships. The chance to live a life from turning 18 to old age, developing relationships, raising a family and dealing with whatever drama comes from that is an exciting prospect.
Sex is great too!
one of the big mysteries over the years I am following this game is why are there no shoes ?
A good game, but it is suffering from 'Patreon stagnation': getting more money than a normal fulltime job each month, but development is a crawl. I honestly feel like if the author were serious about this game, it could already be approaching the depth and breadth of 'Girl Life'! Especially with the income from patreon and how long the game has been in development.
Digressing here, NewLife IS a good game. There's a good, large variety of options when creating your character that I've only seen in Fenoxo's ("Trails in Tainted Space" and "Corruption of Champions") and, more recently, ThaumX's (Accidental Woman) games. The game uses randomized passages to peicemeal together encounters which actually works well. I love that the game also caters to my inner fashion whore and slut tendencies. The eroticism of the game is good as well.
This said, some negatives exist:
- Better control is needed over what clothing appears in stores. I'm looking at YOU micro-mini skirt!! D:< Never showing up when I want you.. grumblegrumble..
- Over-dependance on stats which sometimes doesn't make sense... I'm a strong willed, independantly minded woman which is fully willing to cheat on my douchebag bf and tell him where to stuff if, but if I decide to give him a present on our anniversary, suddenly I'm so submissive to him that I'm willing to become a peice of fuckable furniture? Stronger willed characters should have the ability to break relationships without needing to be a 'bitch'. I shouldn't need to have the capability of humiliating the strongest jock at the gym in order to have the ability to fight back against a mugger, especially if my background is 'former cop'.
- As the game progresses in length, it CAN become ~very~ repetitive.
- The game seems mostly tailored to sluttier gameplay, which can be a turn off from what I've seen in about 30% of compliments on this website (I don't mind it tho). If you decide to be a nice, shy girl, you ~will~ be punished with either 'boring life sim syndrome' or become a doormat (I do mind this).
- Why can I only have a total of 4 friends? Why does my BF count against this amount?
Some positives not previously mentioned:
- Multiple, 3rd party, custom NPC creators available. Allows you to have control over who you meet in game. Keep in mind that this could limit content as well.
- Patreon members get access to a cheat menu that ACTUALLY makes a difference in game.
- Most passages are written rather well.
A further ray of sunshine is on the horizon however as in recent updates, the author has included a system for players to submit writing passages for the game to the author. Now, let's hope that this doesn't just translate into the author using this as an excuse to just drop in fan work they recieved for free as work for thier paid patreon.
A pretty good game to start off with, especially if you are just interested in a quick fap.
No lesbian content yet, which is a bummer, and it doesn't look like it'll be added in any time soon despite it being promised ages ago and the frame work - characters, interactions, etc - already being there.
Gets very repetitive very quickly, though. Very little meat on this game. The sex scenes are very well done for what is essentially a 'quickie' game, though.
well this game have potential... and much more need to improve.
if you like to play as a natural or transformed women and to hook loads dudes up, you will love this game.
but for me it causes (in its actual state) just a needing to punch some faces. the ff part is almost non-existend and its really annoying to get molested every second (!!!) by armys of male characters.
its not a bad game but for now its pure stress to play.