It's a Man's World is based in an alternate history, where men have ruled since the dawn of time. As a young girl from an Asian nation, you find yourself being allowed to move to America. What happens from there is up to you. Just remember that while men are in charge, it isn't always a good thing to be "eager" to make friends.
Choice of Origins will have slight differences in text or with pictures, depending on the situation.
Jobs are now open, at least for the very first day.
1. Story end at day 7
2. It is 800MB, mostly a result of the large amount of animated gif, up to 20MB each
3. Lengthy paragraphs on history, background
4. Little formating, unpolished content, a lot of time wasting options (say walking in the park) with little time control.
1. I really like the background. The writting is not bad.
2. It is trying to be a game, a lot more fun than reading a CYOA story, and it has the frame of the mechanism there. Make it a little bit more organised and it could be great again.
So, let's say it is a nice concept poorly executed. Good potential, but really not worthy for my drive space right now.
A decent start, but it's poorly organised at this stage.
I think it's not going be soon, if ever, that we'll see a decent cleaned up version.
Really interesting, but:
1. I got the "Work Items." Message so often, and then nothing goes. Just these little Text. So far my Progress was: get through the "intro" start from home and go to work, do the first day, come home, be late for rent, and then the next day (where is the time shown?) I'm going to work...."Work items."...okay reload, go to park, take suntan, get done with tan an go home "Work Items." a little bit frustrating, i thought there is much more... Or do i have a bugged version?
This is good so far. It is very well written, and I like the dynamics, the world, and the gameplay. I am into raceplay, so that works for me, though it isn't super heavy I think. I am looking forward to more content and can't wait until you get a bit further. It still seems to be int he intro stages, but I would love if the game play got fleshed out more. Definitely don't quit this!!
It is an interesting start with how the scene is set and your avatar's introduction, but other than the taster of the game engine everything stops at the point of beginning your first day at work.
No bugs found during my playthrough of all origins and the starting job options. Game interaction was simple enough to quickly learn and work through as you got your avatar ready for their first day at work. Unsure if I saw this correctly (need to look at the game code again to be certain), but random encounters are possible depending on your current stats and habits. And the picture album that the game refers to shows many future possibilities to be added into the game eventually.
It is a good start and I'd like to see more.
Recommended for a look, but be aware that it is an early release.